- Supplemental Resources
- Practice Exams
- UC San Diego Links
We’ve compiled all of the interactive diagrams that are found in lecture, like the one below, and put them in a separate Diagrams page. Check it out!
These resources will directly complement the content from lectures and assignments in this course. Use them often!
- Textbook: Computational and Inferential Thinking
- DSC 10 Reference Sheet (handy summary)
- PandasTutor, a DataFrame visualization tool
If you’re looking for additional Python practice, these resources are generally helpful for Python learners, but are not specific to our course. Use them for futher explanations and practice exercises.
- PythonTutor, a Python visualization tool
- Software Carpentry
- Code Academy
- Coding Bat
- Introduction to Computational Thinking with Data
These are some additional resources to complement our lecture and assignments on probability. Use them for extra problem-solving practice.
This article and visualization intuitively decribes permutation testing. It’s very helpful for thinking about how permutation testing works and why it is useful.
These are some videos we made to address common questions of DSC 10 students. Definitely watch them!
These are some videos we made to supplement a previous iteration of the course. They cover information that we’ll also cover this quarter.
- Lottery Problem Walkthrough
- Introduction to DataFrames
- Bar Charts and
- Line Plots and Sorting
Past exams and detailed solutions can be found at practice.dsc10.com. Use this site to help you prepare for the midterm and final exam.
- Data Science Undergraduate Program
- DSC 10 Waitlist and Enrollment
- Data Science Advising
- Library Guide to Data and Statistics
- Academic Integrity Homepage
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)